NLP for Employee Engagement
NLP for Employee Engagement
Wikipedia defines an “engaged employee” as one who is fully absorbed by and enthusiastic about their work and so takes positive action to further the organization’s reputation and interests. An “engaged” employee is inspired by their work, committed to the organization’s vision and dedicatedly works to achieve success.
While theoretically these definitions sound good, sadly the reality is different. With ever so dynamic job market, where people switch their organizations at a drop off the hat, having an engaged workforce that share your commitments to your organization’s goal is hard to find. And finding an “engaged” employee that understands and uses the power of Neuro linguistic programming, even more difficult.
Employee Engagement – The Challenges
Whether you are a part of management, HR or OD, you must have had a fair share of “low” engagement levels of employees, which brings down the collective morale of the group. These employees do not understand their employer’s vision and find it difficult to have a meaningful contribution towards the business goals.
Thus, not only you have the onus of having an engaged workforce but also responsibility of removing all the barriers to engagement. The challenges are:
- Developing a trust between employees and their leaders/managers
- Applying psychological insights to understand the sub conscious thinking patterns of your employees
- Understanding “one-size-fits-all” approach doesn’t give best results
- Appealing to the conscious and unconscious layers of employee think tank
- Not having a formal engagement program
- Or having an engagement program that is not based on Neuro linguistic approach
Employee Engagement – Will it make a difference?
To begin with, here are some stats from host of industrial surveys on positive effects of having high levels of employee engagement:
- 84% of highly engaged employees believe they can make a profound positive influence on the value of their organization’s products, compared with only 31% of the disengaged.
- 72% of employees with high level of engagement trust they can certainly affect customer’s services, in comparison to 27% of the disengaged.
- 68% of highly engaged employees believe they can positively impact costs in their job or unit, compared with just 19% of the disengaged.
All the above numbers point to just one plain simple fact: “An organization’s output is directly proportional to the level of employee engagement”. So if you plan to have employees who outperform themselves every single time, show powerful positive behaviour in and around and are productive year round, “Employee Engagement” is one aspect you cannot afford to neglect.
NLP and Employee Engagement
Neuro-Linguistic programming is just the right missing ingredient in your quest for enhanced levels of employee engagement. Instead of using “traditional” training methods, a NLP trainer, studies the behavioural patterns of an individual at both the conscious and the unconscious levels. An efficient NLP master will then work on towards “weeding-out” the unproductive behaviour and replacing it with conducive and productive habits.
At Transhuman consulting we impart amazingly potent techniques that bring about “positive & progressive” changes in employees that other “orthodox” training techniques can only hope to achieve. The implications of our Neuro-Linguistic Programming approach have influenced countless of employees and their organizations, globally. It’s your turn now!